Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hot Fudge Sauce

This is the hot fudge I made for ice cream sundaes at Travis and Caitlin's reception. I couldn't figure out how much I needed and didn't want to run out (what's an ice cream sundae without hot fudge?) so I made batch after batch after batch. We didn't run out! I have a freezer full of hot fudge sauce, but maybe one day, years from now, I'll want to make some more. This is a very easy, delicious, no fail recipe!

1-1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
3/4 C cocoa
1/4 C all purpose flour
1/2 t salt
1 can (14 oz) evaporated milk
1 C water
2 T butter
2 t vanilla

Combine sugars, cocoa, flour, and salt in saucepan. Add milk, water, and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Cook 5 minutes longer. Remove hot fudge sauce from heat, cool, then stir in vanilla.

1 comment:

Grandpa Rees said...

Sounds wonderful but will have to try it when we return. There are some ingredents we just can't get here like evaporated milk and coco. But it will be on my list of first things to try when we get home, or maybe we will just get some out of your freezer!!!
mom