Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!



It is a white Christmas this year! We have had an enjoyable family day, opening presents, playing games, eating and eating some more, and best of all, getting to talk to the missionaries. We were surprised this morning with a phone call from Grandma and Grandpa Rees in Romania! It was amazing to be able to talk to them as if they were next door, and hear that all is well with them. About an hour later we heard from Drew. He, too, sounded great and wasn't ready at all to talk about coming home in the spring. He loves being a missionary! He is currently serving in the city of Raleigh and was a bit envious of our snowy weather. He said it was sunny and 70 degrees there today. It was fun to share Travis' good news with him. Wonder what next Christmas will bring!

2 comments:

Kate McEuen said...

CONGRATS TRAVIS!! I just read the news! That is so awesome- Maybe we should concider some new plans for the reunion this year. I would love to bring my family up there for this! I'll need a date as soon as you get one firmed up. Hooray!

Caitlin said...

Kim! I'm so glad you posted about our engagement...i haven't had a spare moment but i'm working on it right now...i'm so blessed to be a part of your family and i appreciate everything you've done for me! also for letting me have travis:) i'm so grateful for him and i thank you for raising such a good good person! I love him! and I love you! we'll find you a dress!