Monday, November 3, 2008

I Do Not Like Halloween . . .


For Halloween, Rees was required to write a poem and recite it at school while dressed up in his costume. Here is his poem, inspired by Dr. Suess' Green Eggs and Ham:

I do not like Halloween
I do not like scary things,
I do not like pumpkin stew
I do not like witches brew.

The taste of pumpkin makes me ill
I'd rather take a great big pill.
I do not like ghosts or bats
I do not like wizard's hats.

I do not like ghosts that fly
And vampires, well . . . they make me cry!
I am not fond of wizard's charms
I hate getting lost in corn maze farms.

I hear witches fly on a broom
But only if there is a full moon.
I tremble in the dark of night,
Afraid of some Halloween fright.

I do not like vampire blood,
I do not like guts or crud.
I feel a bit like Icabod Crane,
Afraid I might lose my head or brain.

I do not like scary witches,
I have nightmares about Frankenstein's stitches.
I do not like to dress up cute,
Like the Cat in the Hat or a Redneck Ute.

I do not like to knock on doors,
It gives my feet great big sores.

Hey wait. . . .Did you say there will be candy?
I think Halloween's just dandy!

4 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

LOVE IT!!!!! That you will have to write down somewhere. Oh wait, you just did :)

Sarah Lee said...

Where did you find the costume?

Caitlin said...

I think that poem should be published! Dr. Seuss who?? Way to go Reesy:) ps way to go Kim you're blog looks fantastic I do say:)

Daynes Family said...

Yay Kim, glad you decided to jump on the band wagon! Now that poem and costume is pretty creative...great job Rees!